The first few months of 2019 have been especially stressful and challenging for me. As I mentioned in my previous post, university gave me one of the worst anxiety crisis I have ever had, leaving me exhausted, scared and disappointed. During these weeks, I have been trying really hard to get back up on my feet, relax and make peace with myself. It’s surely not easy, but the only thing I can do is do my best and try to be positive. I believe things will work out in the end.
But what have I been up to these days?
I am writing this very short, very simple post to summarise what has been going on lately and what I’ve been doing to try find a balance again. I am planning to start updating my blog regularly again and I have a lot of ideas in mind, so please look forward to it! 🙂
1. I turned 25! My birthday was last Friday (1st March) and I turned 25 years old. It’s crazy to think I am now half fifty… a quarter of century old… while I still look like a baby! I have never particularly liked celebrating my birthday, so I didn’t do much besides going out for breakfast with my mom and preparing my favourite meal for lunch.
2. I visited my family back in my hometown for the first time in 7 months. My grandma wanted to see me to personally wish me a happy birthday so I spent this past weekend in my hometown. It was nice, but also quite tiring and I was sick with the flu the whole time. I am really happy I went, but coming home to my cats was also really great :’)
3. I tried to relax and rest as much as possible. I really needed a break from everything. I am not a big sleeper, but I have often slept for more than 10 hours straight in the past few weeks, which is absolutely crazy for me. I have tried to stay away from social media, silenced a lot of whatsapp chats (especially anything revolving around university) and spent time outside walking and enjoying the nature.
4. I have been reading. A LOT. Books have always been one of my biggest pleasures, but these days especially they give me so much joy and let me escape this stressful reality.
5. I have tried to be a responsible adult, and even booked an appointment to get my wisdom tooth removed (will I be able to do it for real? Err… stay tuned)
I had a lot of hopes for 2019, even more considering how horrible last year was, but life is unpredictable and so far things haven’t gone how I wanted them to. Still, I want to do my best to make sure the upcoming months will be full of good things, of courage and achievements.